venerdì, giugno 26, 2009

Oh those evil wallabies

'Stoned wallabies make crop circles'

Australian wallabies are eating opium poppies and creating crop circles as they hop around "as high as a kite", a government official has said.

Lara Giddings, the attorney general for the island state of Tasmania, said the kangaroo-like marsupials were getting into poppy fields grown for medicine.

"The one interesting bit that I found recently in one of my briefs on the poppy industry was that we have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles," Lara Giddings told the hearing. "Then they crash," she added. "We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high."

Rick Rockliff, a spokesman for poppy producer Tasmanian Alkaloids, said the wallaby incursions were not very common, but other animals had also been spotted in the poppy fields acting unusually.

Source: BBC


So it was them all along! Who could've guessed?
(Why do I have the suspicion this could only happen in Australia?)
(Ok and maybe in Holland if we'd have the creatures).

I love the question below, of the BBC themselves, too:
"Are you in Tasmania? Have you seen stoned wallabies? Send us your comments using the form below."

..I can imagine the conversation a BBC news-reporter on the spot might be conducting (with a cockney accent, of course):
"Hello dear Sir, did you happen to see any stoned wallabies lately? No? Ah, what a shame.."

..Oh wait, they've changed it! Haha, they got a lot of silly responses, I am sure. But then again, they sort of asked for it.. Anyway, it has now become:
"What are your views on this story? Here are some of your not so serious responses. Of course if you actually HAVE seen a stoned wallaby, please get in touch, using the form below."

"What are your views on this story" -> how can the answer to this question be serious at all? (And btw, what official says that wallabies are "high like a kite" other than an Australian one? :P)

3 commenti:

Valerie ha detto...

Comments:

I have seen a stoned wallaby but I don't know about them making crop circles. The one I saw was slurring his words and asking me for a dollar as he was trying to get the boat to see his brother in New Zealand - he looked in no mood to be formulating a series of complex agricultural design patterns. I could be wrong - they might have masterminded the twin tower attacks, who really knows?

- Dijon, Hobart, Tasmania

I've lived in Tasmania for many years. Not only do wallabies congregate in poppy fields, but also on the local golf courses. They do this mainly at night and I can only assume they're playing several rounds of golf while avoiding greens fees. You only need to be really worried when one of the stoned wallabies gets into a golf buggy.

- John Larson, Launceston, Tasmania, Australia

I saw a whole bunch of them dingos going mad in my corn field only last night. I'm not sure if they were high or not but I'm pretty sure they were. One of them had a ghettoblaster and they were listening to some kind of fast electronic music. Lock 'em up and throw away the key, that's what I say!

- Roger, Melbourne

Hahahaha :D

Ingrid Ruesink ha detto...

hahaha

Blaidd Drwg ha detto...

Ik geloof(de) er geen steek van, maar nu ik die opmerking over een golf buggy heb gelezen... Daar krijg je wel cirkels mee in het graan hoor, als je er apestoned rondjes mee spinned.